This project is in regard to the redevelopment of AUROBINDO VIDYAPITH, a primary school located at Bhadreswar, District Hooghly. The School comprises of students who are not financially well off, as their parents are mostly daily wage earners.
Photographs of the deteriorating infrastructure of the School has been uploaded as per the project requirements. An inspection of the School revealed a lack of basic amenities necessary for the running of a school.
The few issues that have been identified have been listed below for your consideration:
1. Lack of Proper Sanitation,
2. Lack of Drinking Water Facility.
3. Lack of Boundary Wall.
4. Water Logging problems in the School Compound.
5. Lack of Toilets - Both Male & Female.
In view of the above-listed problems, we propose the following course of action:
1. Renovation of the Roof and Boundary Wall.
2. Construction of Toilets - Both Male & Female.
3. Provisions for Safe Drinking Water.
4. Provision for Hand Wash System so as to promote and create awareness of hygiene among the students.
5. Providing Furniture
In light of the above, we believe that an estimated expenditure to the effect of USD 4200. The Club currently is in a position to provide funds to the tune of USD 800. Hence, we request for support from other clubs worldwide.