Need: Dining Room is in dire need of repairs. Student workshop and class rooms are very dark.
1. Renovate the Dining room (floor, stage, windows, door, paint, etc.)
2. Replace one or two roofing iron sheets in each dark classroom and workshop with see-through or translucent roofing material to increase natural light and reduce need to run costly day lights.
1. New roofing panels would tremendously increase classroom natural lighting and reduce additional student injury.
2. Positively impact and inspire the learning experience of 157 physically disabled students.
3. Reduce the electric bills for the school by eliminating the need to run costly lights during the daytime hours.
4. Improve equal access to education. Impact academic performance which will make the students more inspired and productive members of society thus build self-esteem and self-worth.
There will be no need for repairs in the next 10 to 15 years. Increased savings from reduced high electricity bill will be used in other delayed facility maintenance.
Project Cost: $5900
Additional funding ($1500) from other sources and will have some donated materials.
RC El Cajon Sunset commitment to project is $4000.
This corroborative project and inspirational fellowship will involve Rotarians from El Cajon Sunset, RC Syokimau and RC Machakos, Kenya.