La Mesa Rotary Club will select two local schools to participate in our project.
Each campus will be resourced to ensure the students know and understand the Four Way test. This resourcing includes:
1. Posters around the campus of the 4 way test. Including additional insight into the application of each portion of the 4 way test.
2. Take home cards for the students with the 4 way test on it and information regarding La Mesa Rotary. These cards can be placed on the refrigerator at home as the students are learning the test.
3. Teachers would be given assistance in teaching their students regarding the 4 way test. If a teacher would permit, a Rotary Club member can review the 4 Way test with students during class time. If the teacher prefers to do the instruction, materials will be provided to facilitate this.
Each campus will determine which measurable behaviors will be used to determine if the students are utilizing the 4 Way test. Particular markers could include: attendance, lack of tardies, homework completion, classroom cooperation, lack of negative consequences, positive feedback, citizenship grades, memorizing the 4 way test, etc.
Each student who attains the markers set by the school will be admitted to the ice cream party the La Mesa Rotary Club will put on during lunch at the completion of the semester.
La Mesa Rotarians will be involved by
1. Putting the posters up in the schools
2. Assisting in teaching the kids about the 4 way test
3. Coordinating and staffing the Ice Cream Party
1. Young students being introduced to some core values of Rotary
2. Previous similar citizenship campaigns have resulted in an increase in homework completion, citizenship marks in
classroom, attendance, etc.
3. Parents seeing information regarding La Mesa Rotary and the 4 way test
4. Collaboration with the schools/principals/teachers
5. Potential increase in membership
1. Posters: $50/school $100 Total
2. Take Home Flyers: $100/school $200 Total
3. Ice Cream Social: $450 per school $900 Total
Addendum to Project Description (added after the project was signed)
We want to do this project in 4 schools. This would be $600 per school for a total project amount of $2400 as requested.