Summary: Five laptops and five scanners to help register needy families for food and support for the holidays.
Santee Lakeside Rotary Club would like to assist Santee Santas, a local non-profit organization which provides food to low income families during the holidays and throughout the year. Santee Santas has been assisting local Santee families since 1953. Their all-volunteer organization hosts a food drive with the Santee School District and local businesses each October. Many of their board members are Rotarians and our Rotary club provides significant volunteer assistance during their holiday campaign. Santee Santas normally helps approximately 225 families by providing each family with a holiday meal consisting of a turkey, potatoes, oranges, and dairy products, and enough staple items to last approximately 2 weeks, while these children are out of school for the holidays.
A grant for laptops and scanners would help them to streamline the application process by allowing scanning of documents as the organization moves to an online application process. Many of the recipients have difficulty accessing technology to gather the necessary items. As a non-profit organization, their only source of income is through donations and grants. All Board of Directors (10) are volunteers - no one receives any salary - 95% of all monies received goes to funding their program each year. The other 5% helps to defray administrative costs such as postage, phone bill, etc. These laptops and scanners would be used year after year to allow Santee Santas to help as many people as possible.
This project is "Paid". This means that the funds from the district have been issued. This project is now being ready for implementation. When this is done, a report needs to be uploaded on the project page and the "Reported" button needs to be clicked, then the status of the project will be changed to "Reported".