Mityana District is hugely affected by the water challenge in that water sources are few in number, containing dirty and contaminated water, far away from households, usually shared with livestock, dysfunctional boreholes that have been unused for more than eight years. The project seeks USD 55,625 to be able to achieve its intended objectives through a number of activities. The project duration will be 6 months.
The proposed project will have the following objectives;
1. To improve accessibility to safe and clean water for mainly vulnerable groups such as people living with HIV/AIDS, school children and health centers.
2. To alleviate girls' absenteeism and drop-out from school
3. To contribute to the improvement of health condition of people living with HIV/AIDS
4. To enhance income for women, girls and male youths
5. To improve early childhood education.