We are grateful to Rotary Clubs of Fort Collins for your support for supply of various sophisticated equipment supplied under our 2 GG Projects # 1415771 and # 1635938, Dr. M C Modi Charitable Eye Hospital have rendered free eye treatment to thousands of poor rural as well as local patients. The hospitals as well as all the beneficiaries are extremely grateful to Rotary for their help
We would like to bring to your attention that Dr. Modi Charitable Eye Hospital is providing about 80% of their patients free eye care. They bring their patients from rural areas and accommodate them for 3 days when detailed tests are done, operation carried out and on the final day they are given the necessary medicines, spectacles, etc. and dropped back to their village, all free. This hospital is rendering excellent eye care with the help of revenue generated from their paid patients, which is about 20% of their total patients, as well as from donations received from a large number of donors as well as their satisfied customers making their operations sustainable.
In order to serve the community even better, Dr. Modi Hospital has now requested us for upgradation of their old equipment with following 3 units with latest technology so that they will be at par with some of the best Eye Care centers of Bangalore:
1. Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) Machine: This is a non-invasive retinal investigation machine which takes retinal scans and precisely detects retinal problems. This equipment is very useful in early detection of glaucoma, even before the patient notices vision loss. This is an essential equipment required for diabetic, hypertensive and cardiac patients with vision loss.
2. Integrated Inbuilt Camera System: This records the results of the above machine for detailed study and record.
3. Ophthalmic Operating Microscope: In order to perform vitro-retinal or posterior an advanced operating microscope with X-Y coupling and compatible with Biome viewing system is required. The retinal microscope that the hospital is about 15 years old and they are finding it very difficult to operate using it and hence they would like to have it replaced with a new one using advanced technology.
We have had a number of discussions with the suppliers and have been able to obtain best price. The project cost works out to (We have based our calculation on 1US$ = ₹ 68):
Sl. No.Item Cost in US$
1. Optical Coherence Tomography Topcon 3D OCT-1 Maestro $33,088.24
2. Ophthalmic Operating Microscope Topcon OMSA-800 $32,352.94
3 Integrated Inbuilt camera system $1055
4 Sub Total $66,496.18
5 Provision for Contingency $1,614.82
6 Total Cost $68,111.00