Learning Nursing to Heal a Community.
SOME KEY FACTS ABOUT NURSES:
• Nurses play a critical role in health promotion, disease prevention and delivering primary and community care. They provide care in emergency settings and will be key to the achievement of universal health coverage.
• Nurses are often the first and sometimes the only health professional that people see and the quality of their initial assessment, care and treatment is vital. They are also part of their local community - sharing its culture, strengths and vulnerabilities - and can shape and deliver effective interventions to meet the needs of patients, families and communities.
• Investing in nurses and midwives is good value for money. The report of the "UN High Level Commission on Health Employment and Economic Growth" concluded that investments in education and job creation in the health and social sectors result in a triple return of improved health outcomes, global health security, and inclusive economic growth.
a) The World:
There is a global shortage of health workers, in particular nurses and midwives, who represent more than 50% of the current shortage in health workers.
A minimum threshold of 2.3 doctors, nurses and midwives per 1000 population that was established by WHO as necessary to deliver essential health services.
According to the WHO 2018 World Health Statistics, Mexico had a Density of nursing and midwifery personnel (per 1000 population) of 2.6.
Link => http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstre am/handle/10665/272596/978 9241565585-eng.pdf?ua=1
c) Cd. Juarez, Chihuahua:
According to the 2018 report "ASI ESTAMOS JUAREZ - Sistema de indicadores de calidad de vida":
- Total population = 1,428,508.
- Total medical personnel = 1,216.
Hence the Density of nursing and midwifery personnel (per 1000 population) is 0.85.
Link to the report => https://www.planjuarez.org/i mages/docs/informes/Informe _asi_estamos_juarez_2018.pdf
a) Target community: Cd. Juárez Chihuahua, México.
b) Objectives overview:
- A total of 25 single-mother-households will be provided with a full scholarship tuition to study a three-year nursing program in the FEMAP School of Nursing.
- To increase the density of health personnel in the community.
c) Strategic partner: FEMAP (Salud y Desarrollo Comunitario de Cd. Juarez, A.C.).
d) Sustainability: Once the program is done, the beneficiaries will have a nursing career that will provide a sustainable income to their families.
PROJECT TIMING & BUDGET:
A total of 6 semester courses starting on January 2019, and ending on December 2021.
The total budget needed to cover both tuition and enrollment is $35,670.00 USD.
Our club has an extensive experience working with Global Grants.
The Global Grant - GG1417814 was successfully completed back in 2017, and now represents a solid foundation to develop new versions of this great project.
Participate and Help Us!!!
• Club President: Pedro Perez - email@example.com
• Rotary Foundation Chair: Miguel Rodriguez - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Club Secretary: Gloria Angulo - email@example.com