This project is about providing an Ambulance Vehicle equipped with basic emergency medical equipment to the SAHIC - Society for Assistance to Hearing Impaired Children (SAHIC) is a voluntary non-Government Organization established in February 1987 with the aims and objectives of prevention, early detection and rehabilitation of the hearing impaired, specially children along-with the treatment of ear, nose, throat and diseases of the head and neck that may cause hearing impairment.
Society for Assistance to Hearing Impaired Children serves a population of 100,000 people includes Child, Mother, female and have a desperate need for an Ambulance to transport patients. Documents are uploaded as an evidence of this need. It is planned to equip the vehicle with the following basic emergency life saving equipment.
• Portable Ventilation and Airway Equipment with portable/fixed O2 equipment
• Cardiac Monitoring and Defibrillator equipment
• Immobilization Devices (cervical collars, Head padding, femur traction device
• Impervious carry-on backboards, tapes and arterial tourniquet
• Two way communication system between Driver, SAHIC dispatcher (from Uganda Telecom)
• Obstetrical Kit (commercially available)
• Injury Prevention and Traffic control kit
• Miscellaneous - Bandages,infection control protection devices,stretchers,stair/carry chair