1. There is an increased demand of Life Saving Congenital Heart Surgeries, not only in India but neighboring countries like Myanmar, Bangladesh, Nepal and others.
2. Apart from that we keep numerous requests from African countries like -Zambia, Nigeria, Uganda,Tanzania, Malawi, Mongolia,Uzbekistan, Iran, Iraq and war conflicted countries.
3. We plan to train one selected CTVS Surgeon in Pediatric Cardiac Surgery procedures through a fellowship and if successful extend to other underdeveloped countries. This will add a new dimension towards sustainability of the grant.
4. We want to plan a GG which will cover waitlisted children in India and other countries screened through local Rotary Clubs/Local Heart Hospitals/Gift of Life International and personal requests based on their financial backgrounds.
5. Many Rotary Clubs/Districts in Asia and Africa are ready to bear travel expenses and we can arrange these life saving heart surgeries in Artemis Hospital,Gurgaon(Haryana), India.This hospital is already serving children from different countries including Gift of Life Surgeries through Rotary at a subsidized rate to Rotary.
6. Project fund will be used for Screening/Diagnostics/Any Special Tests/Corrective Heart Surgeries of children from age group of 1 Day-16 Years.
7. Apart from that we would not like to restrict this humanitarian program to 16 years age group but if we can save adult Congenital Heart Defects, we would like to take up for surgeries-for that we can always have a prior permission from TRF.
8. Rotary E-Club of Connect, D-3012,Delhi, India has been associated with Rotary's Gift of Life Program since it's inception and about 15 children including 4 children from Myanmar have been operated successfully.Rotarians of this Club are are highly passionate about this program and they ensure all arrangements right from initial screening through emails to pick up of families and children and arranging stays and formal departure arrangements with all instructions. Apart from that they ensure regular follow ups through local Rotary Clubs and families via Whatsapp/Messenger applications.