Children of the CEBE "The Light of the World" of Ñaña, as children with special needs, should be prepared to have options to be able to work and integrate into society.
We visited the school and met with the principal and teachers. We entered the classrooms and knew the area intended to implement this workshop. We also talk to parents who have a big concern about what these children's fate will be when they leave school. In addition, these children, because they have motor problems, the practice of the bakery from a very young age will help to improve their fine motor skills, also to create standards of behavior, work in a group respecting and develop responsibility.
The principal explained that they run cooking classes and confectionery but for now they are doing it in their own classrooms which makes it difficult to teach them what it should be like.
ACTIVITIES INVOLVING THE PROJECT
1. Meeting with the principal and teachers to confirm support in the implementation of the bakery and pastry shop
2. Review the physical space and define technical topics of light point, wiring, etc.
3. Request the updated budget for bakery and pastry machines and accessories
4. Start some training interventions with young people with different skills regarding safety, hygiene and others before the start of their productive technical preparation
5. Coordinate with the director the annual plan of the workshops and class development with the teacher-baker in charge
6. Implementation of the space both in its physical appearance and implementation with the equipment/accessories.
7. Develop entrepreneurship skills in young people with different skills