Rural and urban areas with poverty and extreme poverty rates have little access to drinking water for consumption, because they are in poorly accessible areas. The prices paid per liter of water in a private water supplier is above the urban price, in addition to its low quality of transport and storage that deteriorates it. As a practical alternative it is to provide the houses of a community with practical and independent filters, which allow the consumption of stored water under those conditions in healthy water. There are several areas with very little support from the state because they are remote or low-access areas. People in these areas acquire water at different times of the day, during reduced hours, either by tank trucks or by water from common wells. Water transport is carried out by precarious connections or by trucks that distribute water all day in metal containers and sometimes exposed to light and dust. Due to these conditions the level of stomach problems and intoxication are present in the area, so it is necessary to control and achieve adequate health. These infections occur mainly due to the contamination of water with infectious agents so that humans will consume them when they are consumed, including bacterial acute diarrheal diseases such as cholera and other enteropathogens, viral infections such as enteroviruses including polio, viral hepatitis A and viral hepatitis E, intestinal parasitosis, among others.
How the project will meet those needs:
These filtration system will allow an adequately control of the infectious agents present in the wells or stored water for long time.
1. Creation of the work team, the team in charge of preparing the kit to provide and identify the houses of the community that will have this benefit of the areas of poverty and extreme poverty in our country (pre-selected place of the triumphant villa).
2. Preparation of the Kits and registration of families to benefit
3. Selection of areas of poverty or extreme poverty where they will work.
4. Coordinations to carry the Kits, teach the installation and maintenance in the houses.
5. The organization of the project will allow the base to be able to duplicate in other areas with similar conditions, so a sequence of procedures will be created for future implementation.
The Project funds will be used to:
It will use to buy the filtration kits and Logistics & administrative expenses.
How club menbers will be involved:
Club members will participate in project management