Area of Focus: Peacebuilding and conflict prevention
Please see attached document for detail
• To facilitate large, sustained, coordinated, and impactful initiatives against the human sex and labor trafficking scourge that exists within District 5340's borders. In so doing, Rotary will support the San Diego District Attorney's (DA's) endeavors in combatting human trafficking by protecting children from this modern-day slavery.
"From the San Diego DA's office - "We have a responsibility to provide students and teachers with accurate information about human trafficking. We are committed to bringing human trafficking education into every public school".
• To allow Rotarians in District 5340 to be the "boots on the ground" in partnership with the San Diego Trafficking Prevention Collective (SDTPC) in efforts to facilitate school outreach and public awareness campaigns.
• To promote a COVID-19-era advised broad and holistic education, identification, and prevention program that disseminates education and awareness at the county and educator level of leadership, as well as downloadable curriculum for educators to deliver to their students. This will help create trafficking free communities.
• To collaborate with international Rotary clubs that will help with our project, setting the foundation for a reciprocal grant where we can help with trafficking in their areas.
• To provide a project model focused on human trafficking that can be easily replicated in Rotary Districts throughout the US and internationally. Educators, 5th, 7th, 9th, and 11th-grade students, their parents, first responders, medical professionals, and the community at large will all be beneficiaries of this program.
This project needs to receive some pledges to go to the next level. Please check the "Financing" tab to see the list of current pledges. Once the amount pledged is equal to the project budget, the status of the project will be automatically changed to "Fully Pledged". Click here to pledge support for this project.
DDF contributions in grey are pending approval of the corresponding district committee.
Note: as of July 1, 2015 there is a 5% additional support fee for cash contributions. This fee does not appear in the financials above because it does not apply if the funds are sent directly to the project account (without going through TRF, and therefore without Paul Harris credit). Clubs sending their cash contribution to TRF must be aware they will have to send an additional 5%.