In today's world, Information Technology is a key component in the success of any country. Unfortunately, the high cost of education to acquire computer related skills in certain regions around the world prevents the poor, orphans and underprivileged youth from availing these skills which are in demand.
Today UNEB which is the official examining body for schools has made computer a compulsory subject. Many schools are being challenged by the number of computers verses the number of students. The main object of the proposed project is to get a computer center for training in order to make teaching and learning environment conducive for both instructors and students for better performance and enhancing the students skills in computer.
Through our training, youth will be able to become productively engaged and better qualified to obtain jobs that they were previously unqualified for and also will help bridging the Digital Divide and level the playing field.
1. To give training in computer education to the teachers & students of the Arae.
2. To develop the computer center for nearby primary schools, secondary schools and the community as well as communication center especially internet services.
3. To offer specialized 'high end' computing training to the youth in order to prepare them for the digital world.
4. To create job opportunities for less fortunate young people from the rural and urban areas in the field of computer with hands on experience
5. To bring knowledge of computer among children who still don't know even the meaning of computer.
6. To make them enable to interact with computer and familiarize them with its uses in life.
Targeted groups of the project:
- The students in primary and secondary schools the area.
- The teachers of primary and secondary schools.
- The youth in the community.