The present project aims at conducting Congenital Heart Surgeries for the Children suffering from congenital heart disease (CHD).
a) between the age group of (0-18)
b) belonging to Economically weaker section (below poverty line) from Maharashtra and surrounding states.
c) around 42 children suffering from CHD between the age group of (0-18).
The project will be conducted through "Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital" which a super specialty hospital with the state of art facilities.
The cost Per surgery will be Rs. 75000/ (1000$ per surgery). It is a consolidated package given to us by DMH- considering the volume of patients and charity involved. Total cost of the project- $42,580 (RS. 319350),
Importance of the project-
1. This project is important in view of prevalence of CHD in large number of children
2. Lack of facilities available for the treatment of CHD in India. T
3. CHD is life threatening for children.
4. Will improve the life the children affected with CHD.
Community Needs addressed-
1. Diagnosis of CHD in needy population through DMH
2. Treatment of CHD (for which funding will be given partly by Rotary and partly by DMH through CSR funds
3. Post operative care & medicines by Rotary and DMH
4. Awareness program for patients and their family members and community awareness program.
Pre operative awareness - diagnostic awareness and causes of CHD will be explained to patient's family members.
Post operative care to be taken by the patient.
Community awareness will include the precautions to be taken by the mothers during pregnancy, diet and nutrition to be maintained.
The awareness program both for the patient including their family members and for the community will be done by DMH Doctor Santosh Joshi and his team.