Global Grant Synopsis:
A Rotary Oxygen Garden. The elementary notion behind this unique garden is to SOW, SAFEGAURD & SUSTAIN the trees. The proposed garden is a perfect combination of Environmental Sustainability, Botany, Plant Science, Ecology, Organic Landscaping, Ayurveda, & Organic Landscaping.
Contributions & Ecofriendly Techniques which will be implemented by while developing the said garden:
1. 3000 & above trees and other medicinal plants will be planted in an organized manner.
2. On an average these trees will exhale 1000 liters of Oxygen in a day.
3. Approximately, 185 liters of Carbon dioxide and other harmful gases will be sequestrated in a day.
4. Organic Fertilizers and Natural Compost will be used.
5. Sewage Treatment Plant will be erected and the treated water will be reused for irrigation.
6. Solar Power Systems will be installed for the pathway lights in the garden and street lights.
7. Wind Turbines shall also be built as a model to spread awareness and to promote non-conventional energy.
8. The Compost Pits shall be prepared to collect organic wastes.
9. This project is entirely Environment-oriented, Ecological, and Sustainable & Educational.
10. The proposed garden will be developed in the area of around 1 lakh sq. ft. of land.
11. The said location can be said as "heart of the city", as it's a vital part of Sangli and has a good road connectivity.
12. The garden is designed in the shape of Rotary Wheel. The diameter of the garden being approx.280 ft., and it shall be World's Biggest Rotary Wheel in the garden form.
13. In the mentioned garden there will be around 3000 plantations, which includes Medicinal Trees, Shrubs, Herbs, Creepers and other Flowering Plants.
14. The said garden will be of utmost benefit in multiple ways to the Students, Local Residents, Specially-abled, Senior Citizens and Tourists.
Rotary Clubs of Sangli Revenue District of 3170 jointly will develop this garden. Deccan Education Society will be providing the land for the said garden and has accepted to share the responsibility of the maintenance of the garden.