Needs that Have been identified:
3) Hygiene Services
Where Specifically: Municipalities of La Labor, Mercedes , San Francisco Del Valle, and San Marcos. This project will be imperative in the improvement in Community Health for more than 16,000 people.
How: the Project funds will be spent to meet those needs...
The Implementation of the Wash project includes but is not limited to:
1) Protection of the water source
2) Elimination of open defecation
2) Placement of pipelines to the community water tank
3) Distribution networks with household connections
4) Pilot Project to supply micro water meters in a subset of communities,as funding permits, to promote rationed use of water and fair fees for the water services.
5) Water Storage tanks will be installed in schools where existing infrastructure is not functioning properly.
6) Protection of the women and girls who are used to spending their days on a quest through dangerous areas to acquire water.
7) Provides education to the school aged girls who will no longer spend their days fetching water.
How will Club Members be involved:
Coordination and collaboration with municipal governments by signing memorandums of understanding
Conduct and follow up on WASH principales to help support sustainability
Timeline for the project
January 1, 2003- December 31, 2024