Dear Rotarian Friends,
This is a preliminary description of a plan to establish and develop an Ecological Rehabilitation Center for children and young people under the Monastery of the Mother God Icon Comfort and Consolation in Dobrynikha village, which is located in the Domodedovo district of the Moscow Region, Russian Federation.
- establishment of an oasis for remedy of different spheres of human personality: body, soul, and spirit under the Comfort and Consolation monastery;
- establishment of an interchurch fence of the spiritual growth center for the families with special needs children, where, owning to remoteness from worldly vanity, an atmosphere of safety, acceptance, trust and love prevails and where the children with special needs and their parents can feel confidence and protection in interaction with the accepting and loving spiritual reality;
- establishment of an ecological space, where the world of wildlife carefully and safely preserved inside the church fence, acts as the main factor of rehabilitation for children with health limitations and their families;
- here children with health limitations have an opportunity to move, develop, and participate in various activities together with healthy children;
- involvement of the younger generation in labor activity in the real world - the world of nature; teaching teenagers to treat the environment in a responsible way;
- teaching active merciful and friendly attitude to the people with special needs, as the members of the single Body of Christ church; getting invaluable experience of communication with different people;
- creation of the conditions for unimpeded and equal participation of the families with children with health limitations in the church offices and sacraments without violation and distortion of the canonical order and way of church office;
- accumulation of experience of such activity for its further promotion.
- arrangement of the territory: waste disposal, soil levelling and recultivation, creation of a barrier-free environment on the territory of the ecological center (paths, wheelchair ramps, railings, fences);
- division of the rehabilitation center territory into zones for special rehabilitation purposes:
• Phytozone: space with various plants with healing properties, equipped with the correspondent rest areas (tables, benches, lounge chairs, sheds for comfortable stay) for healing effect on respiratory and cardiovascular systems and emotional condition;
• A greenhouse complex and a play garden, where children in ward can plant and take care of plants with their own hands or with the help of their parents, learn and watch the agricultural process and then taste the fruits of their labor. This is the zone for practical interaction of a disabled child with the world of plants;
- decoration of the territory, landscape design for the purpose of provision of the maximum aesthetic psychotherapeutic effect, equipment of kerb with comfortable width and height and paths with soft pavement (not asphalt or tile pavement) for walking, moving wheelchairs and walking with use of assistive devices (crutches, walkers, etc.);
- building of an ecologic garden infrastructure (summer and winter garden houses, tea houses, toilet for visitors, water supply for irrigation and sanitary needs, septic system).
ROTARY SUPPORT AND INVESTMENT
In support of and together with Father Alexey, the local representative of the Russian Orthodox Church, the local community, entrepreneurs, and businesses, as well a local biker club we, local and international Rotarians plan to support the purchase and deployment of the plants for the phytozone, in which later children and people with and without special needs can meet together, relax and find harmony, employ and growth skills, communication and tolerance together.
We currently set up an overall development plan for all stages of this project, and plan to lunch all works in 2023.
Status: September 2022