To promote a citizen culture of forgiveness and reconciliation in the locality of Tibabuyes in the town of Suba, within Bogotá, managing to improve dialogue, coexistence and the peaceful resolution of conflicts. This proposal is based on the methodology of the "Reconciliation Centers" developed by the Foundation for Reconciliation
According to Forensic data produced in 2021 by the Colombian Legal Medicine Institute, in Bogotá, interpersonal violence is the main cause of non-fatal injuries with 74%, whose main motivator is settling scores and fights in 84%. Hence the importance of addressing these subjective causes of violence (Rage, Resentment and Retaliation), through proposals that foster new relational skills (soft skills), through strategies for the proper management of emotions, the strengthening of assertive communication skills, empathetic listening, as well as leadership to promote this type of action with their families and communities. Over a period of 15 months, the project will reach 2.100 people.
The direct participation of 780 people is estimated, considering different age groups, as well as the population victim of the conflict, ex-combatants, migrants, members of the host community and local officials.
Through testimony and showing example in their families, as well as reconciliation campaigns and multiplication activities executed by the participants in their communities and nearby surroundings, it is estimated that another 1.320 people of similar age groups and social conditions will be reached.
The project proposes the following activities:
1) Enlistment: diagnosis of problems and potentialities; adjustment of proposal to local culture; and launch of the social meeting space (Reconciliation Center - RC).
2) Development of the pedagogical proposal: this includes spaces for dialogue and theoretical-practical training in citizen culture of forgiveness and reconciliation; in addition, talks, multiplication activities, replica and communication campaigns for reconciliation, among others.
3) Articulation and inter-institutional support, and
4) Ensuring sustainability: the physical meeting space (RC) is closed and the focus is on accompanying qualified leaders (individuals, groups, grassroots organizations) to promote a citizen culture of forgiveness and reconciliation.
- The proposal will consider the needs, expectations and local culture of the community.
- Therefore, prior to the start of the educational actions, community meetings and meetings with grassroots organizations will be held to present and agree on the reconciliation proposal.
- Additionally, local capacity for reconciliation will be offered for men and women, and the capacity of members of locally recognized grassroots organizations will be strengthened.
- For this, the project will reinforce the management and ensure the promotion of the leaderships formed in the last 6 months.
-Likewise, it will promote the praxis of reconciliation in families.
-And it will articulate actions with other institutions that work in the territory, including local government