REFURBISH THE DENTAL CLINIC AT KALANGALA HEALTH CENTER IV
Club Name: Rotary Club of Kampala - Ssese Islands
Project Title: Refurbishment of the Dental Clinic Renovation of the building (floor, doors, locks, ceiling, external walls, access ramp and steps).
Rotary Areas of Focus:
a) Disease Prevention and Treatment
Project Location: Kalangala Health Centre IV in Ssese Islands
Kalangala District is located in the middle of Lake Victoria in southern central Uganda and has an area of 9,066 sq. Km of which 432 sq. Km is land the rest of it is water mass. It is composed of 84 Islands of which 64 are inhabited with an estimated population of 66,000 people. The district has 62 gazetted, landing sites and 58 designated landing sites, only 2 out of the 64 habitable Islands have Dental Clinics.
The Dental clinic at Kalangala Health Center IV was built in 2014 by The Rotary Club of Kampala Ssese Islands in partnership with The Rotary Club of Bainbridge. The Clinic has remained functional ever since and it serves 250 patients per month. No major repairs, facelifts or reequipment has been done since then. The Clinic has 2 Dentists and 1 Nursing Assistant. The second Dental clinic is in Kyamuswa Sub County (Bukasa Health Centre IV). The 2 Clinics serve a population of about 66,000 people.
1. To reequip the Clinics with tools, furniture and equipment.
2. To renovate the building (floor, doors, locks, ceiling, external walls, access ramp and steps).
3. To increase the capacity of the dental clinic and facility.
4. To extend refresher courses to the Dentists accessed Nursing Assistant.
5. To educate the community on dental health practices.
1. 66,000 people in Kalangala District.
2. The medical staff of the Dental Clinic.
3. Kalangala District Local Government.
4. Ministry of Health.
1. Reequip the Dental Clinics with equipment and tools.
2. Renovation of the building.
3. Replacement of doors, locks and lights.
4. Replacement of furniture for both the Dentists and the patients.
5. Training of the Medical staff in the Dental clinics.
No. ITEM DISCRIPTION
1 Refurbishment of the Dental Clinic
Renovation of the building (floor, doors, locks, ceiling, external walls, access ramp and steps). 1 US$27,077
2 Dental Equipment
Dental Chair and all necessary accessories
1 US$ 8,421
Funding (Host club & D9213 contributions):
1. Cash contribution from Rotary Club of Kampala Ssese Islands US$ 7,000
2. DDF from D9213 US$ 7,000
a. Irene Nabayunga Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +256 7762488417
b. Ritah Nabatanzi Email: email@example.com Tel. +256 702 134890
c. Nelson Kabwama Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. +256 774 130341