The objective is to establish and implement a fundraising mechanism, both digitally and in person, to help a floating population of 60 minor cancer patients and their caregivers, mainly single mothers. These patients come from remote regions of Colombia and require financial help to cover their basic and urgent needs not covered by health plans, when they are referred to the National Cancer Institute (INC) in Bogotá.
Basic and urgent needs identified in patients and their caregivers during their stay at the INC:
1. Acquire nutritional supplements for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment.
2. Access to food vouchers for patients' caregivers.
3. Acquire appropriate clothing elements for patients and caregivers, considering the hospital environment and the climate of Bogotá.
4. Acquire medications and care products for cancer patients such as diapers and moisturizing creams.
The project will meet those needs by collecting online donations and seeking corporate, business and Rotary club donations.
To collect donations, the following activities will be carried out:
1. Define fundraising objectives and goals.
2. Research and select the right digital platforms for online fundraising.
3. Design and develop a website or online donation page.
4. Establish a marketing and communication strategy to promote fundraising in digital media.
5. Promote the campaign at different in-person events in religious communities, concerts or Rotary community events, to complement online fundraising.
6. Develop a mobile campaign using a classic Van as a differentiating image to promote the campaign and capture people's attention.
7. Establish alliances with companies, organizations and influential people to obtain support and dissemination.
8. Create promotional material, such as flyers, posters, and social media posts, to educate people about the cause and motivate people to donate.
9. Establish a system for tracking and thanking donors.
10. Constantly monitor fundraising progress and make adjustments as necessary.
11. Evaluate and analyze the results obtained to improve the fundraising mechanism in the future.