Rotary Area of Focus: Water Sanitation and hygiene/ Basic Education and Literacy
The measurable goals for this project are as follows:
Construct, upgrade, bathrooms and bring in new water and sewer lines to provide young girls the appropriate hygiene facilities that make them feel comfortable and save to return to school.
•Construction of 11 new DISABILITY AND TEACHERS micro-flush biofil toilets with associated sanitation amenities
•Installation of six 10,000lt. plastic water tanks complete with rainwater harvesting fixtures
•Provision of 9 standard solar water purifiers to improve utilization of clean and safe drinking water
•Training to improve the hygiene and sanitation knowledge of teachers, pupils and staff including the dangers of COVID-19 and how it can be avoided
•Access to better sanitation facilities and safe drinking water by pupils, teachers and staff
•Improved attendance and retention among girls and children with disabilities
•Improved literacy and academic performance by pupils in supported schools
•Improved sanitation and hygiene knowledge by the teachers, pupils and the staff incl. the dangers of COVID-19 and how best they can avoid it
1. Available. Establish drip irrigation year-round on 5 acres farmland in Bigwa and kisemvule Tanzania.
2 Affordable. Establish equitable
harvest revenue sharing formula with farmers for water, organic commercial farming training, farming inputs, community land lease.
3 Convenient and secure. Establish direct electronic payments to farmers, water system operators, and Waterpreneurs
No. Item description Cost
1. 5 new boys latrines complete with associated sanitary amenities US$32,500
2. 6 new girls latrines complete with associated sanitary amenities US$41,640
3. Installation of 6 water tanks and rainwater harvesting systems US$17,100
4. Provision of 9 solar water purifiers US$11,500