The Rotary Club of Bali Seminyak (RCBS) and the Yayasan Senyum Bali (YSB), also known as The Smile Foundation of Bali aim to improve and expand access to low-cost and free health care in an underdeveloped area of Eastern Indonesia.
The objectives for this global grant are:
1. To provide 120 cleft/craniofacial operations (10 operations x 12 months) to people from East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia, thus eliminating / reducing their physical disabilities.
2. To support the development of craniofacial healthcare facilities in Bali and improve the capacity of regional health care providers, specifically plastic surgeons and their support teams based in Bali.
3. Assist with the development of local public health infrastructure by informing providers of the availability of, and need for these services as a right.
4. To establish communications and logistics pathways for people from remote communities to get to hospital in Bali for appropriate care.
5. Reduce the mortality of babies born with cleft by providing surgery at the optimum time; inadequate feeding leads to malnutrition and possibly death.
6. Assist with development at a local level by removing the drain on resources caused by caring for children with these disabilities.
120 people (10 people x 12 months) living in East Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia, who suffer from cleft/craniofacial deformities will benefit from this global grant