Agricultural School No. 1 is located in Isla de Talavera Campana. Is a secondary school and has 150 students.
Students complete their studies in Agricultural Production Technicians.
The school does not have the basic equipment and essential tools to teach students the basic agricultural work in the field.
Buying a tractor and associated equipment are essential to his formation as Agricultural Technicians and using them will improve the life of the community on the island too.
PROJECT OBJETIVES :
a) Increase the development and use the 10 hectares of surface of the school .
b) Increase the students education and training .
c) Significant increase in the overall efficiency of everyday tasks .
d) Significant increase of agricultural and livestock production.
e) Increase the sale to neighbouring community by higher volume produced .
f) Significant benefit of the community to acquire quality products at prices below the market and available in your own environment.
Sustainability is achieved through the marketing of primary production, secondary and tertiary production.
* Chicken eggs
* Piglets, capons and DVD
* Lambs and sheep breeding.
* Beef cattle.
* Vegetables and Aromatic Plants
* Flower Seedlings
SECONDARY PRODUCTION IN DEVELOPMENT:
Cutlets and chicken empanadas
Sweets and jellies
* Extraction and packaging of honey to neighbors and community members
* Develop an Education Farm for the Campana Community
Timeline: 6 months after received the funds
BUDGET: u$s 47,500.00 ( Farm Equipment and banking/administrative expenses )
The rotarians from the local club will be in charge of the follow activites:
* To be in contact with the Suppliers and school authorities, do the payments required, check the delivery of the equipment.
*To be in permanent communication with the internatioanl club to inform them about the develop of the Project.
*To be responsable for the educational workships at the school.
* To keep of the documentation related with the Project, Bank statement,invoice, receipts,etc.
* To Publicize the Project in local newspaper, radio and social networks in the Communities of Campana.
Videos to watch in vimeo.com