The proposed project has a mission of assisting women, orphans, other vulnerable children and youths "to live a self-supporting and once again meaningful life" spiritually, socially and economically in Sekanyonyi sub-county in the Rural Mityana District. The targeted group, being susceptible to the vagaries of HIV/AIDS and other Cultural biases find themselves in conditions that deny them access even to the mere basics of life. The proposed project will have the following objectives;
1. To improve accessibility to safe and clean water for mainly vulnerable groups such as people living with HIV/AIDS, school children and health centres
2. To restore the hitherto lost hope of ever living a normal human being's life among widows, orphans, other vulnerable children and the multitudes of unemployed youths.
3. To contribute to the improvement of the health condition of people living with HIV/AIDS
4. To enhance and or create income for women, girls and male youths through sustainable organic agriculture
5. TO provide beneficiaries with additional skills and other support needed to increase incomes and productivity to improve living condition
The project duration will be 12 months; however, the start of the project is dependent on the full mobilization of the financial resources required. The project funds will be used for the following activities;
1. Community mobilization campaigns
2. Sanitation and hygiene awareness seminars
3. Procurement and distribution of rain water harvesting tanks and all other supplies and equipment for the installation
4. Training of BioSand filter producers
5. Launching of the BioSand filter production and distribution to the vulnerable.
6. Printing of Information Education and Communication materials.
7. Offering psycho-social counselling to orphans and vulnerable children and their Foster parents to relieve them of social stigma, stress and emotions.
8. Creating/increasing on the emergence of income generating activities in the form of start-up capital and seedlings for widows, orphans and vulnerable children, foster parents as well as the youth to give them a chance to afford basics of life.
The club members will come in by way of training, monitoring and supervision of works.