Kyle's Place provides a transitional living program for homeless teens 14-19 years old working towards independence. It is a 16 bed facility that provides a safe place to live, life skills training, counseling, academic support, medical and dental care, case management, mental health care and assessment, recreational outings and spiritual development.
We will be fulfilling five needs for the facility:
1. Replacing the shelving in their resource room which is a storage for all their necessary resident resources and supplies. This will allow better organization and use of their existing limited space.
2. Replacing the shelving in their kitchen pantry which stores all of their dry goods, canned goods and other kitchen supplies. This will allow better organization and use of their existing limited space.
3. Replace the existing medicine distribution room door with a new secure Dutch door. This will allow for easier distribution of medicine and added security for that space.
4. Add guttering to the entire facility. This will help prevent standing water around and next to the facility as well as protection from the elements for those entering and exiting the building.
5. Adding a sun/rain cover and expanding the roof area of an existing outdoor pergola covered area used for exercise and social gatherings. This will allow increased use of the area during inclement weather and hot Texas summers.