1. Smoke alarm installations, sponsored and coordinated by Reveille Rotary and the Casper Fire-EMS Department started in 2014. Prior to that Reveille Rotary changed smoke alarm batteries in senior's homes, but did not install alarms.
2. The Program now includes the installation of 10-year life Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, LED Night Lights and Light Bulb replacements, all with sealed batteries to eliminate the need for the recipients to ever change batteries.
3. Installations typically occur during a one-week span in April of each year (Saturday, Tuesday, the following Saturday). Senior service organizations, such as the Casper Senior Network and AARP Wyoming, are used to identify potential recipients through their network agencies. Through this method, we provide outreach through the Senior Center, Meals on Wheels, home health agencies, Central Wyoming Hospice and others.
4. Since 2014 close to 2000 smoke alarms have been installed in approximately 450 homes utilizing over 75 volunteer and Fire-EMS department installers annually, as of the April 2018 event.
5. One year of inventory purchased through discount programs offered through Crum Electric Supply in Casper and Home Depot is $14,250 and will provide for an average of 125 homes annually
6. Provide installations to 125 homes with a total of approximately 500 smoke alarms (average 4 per home), 125 carbon monoxide detectors and 250 led night lights
7. Engage 75 to 80 volunteers annually through assistance with Rotarians, our partner groups, the community and Casper College fire science students
8. Provide awareness and publicity for all of our volunteer agencies
9. Conduct 2019 installations on April 6, 9 and 13, 2019.