The project aims at providing access to affordable health services and creating employment through provision of skills.
The project area is an upcoming urban centre (semi-rural). This area is located over 10 kilometres from the nearest health centre IV and health services are therefore inadequate. The population while growing is made up of sizeable number of school dropouts with no proper employment to talk about.
The above factors have led residents of this area to form a locally based Community Based Organisation (CBO) called Moving Forward Foundation with the aim of spear heading the identification of existing predicaments of the area. The group has conscious of the problems, embarked upon providing solutions to these problems. This Christian based group has for example:
• Has ran several health outreaches with assistance from friendly organisations and the turnups have been very encouraging
• Has established a small drug shop
• Is running a small / tiny ill equipped tailoring / craft training scheme
• Has acquired premises to be converted into a fully-fledged health unit.
• training premises.
Proposed action areas
• Building conversion to create a clinic and training area and water harvesting system
• Equipping the health centre and seed drug supply.
• Equipping the skills training centre
• Formation of craft production groups
• Sanitation and economic empowerment trainings
• Improved and readily available health services leading to reduction of diseases.Immunisation programs will be readily available.
• Economic activities will raise as more women / men get skills for self employment
• Improved security
The assistance being extended here is only meant to kick start provision of services. This is to address availability and affordability
The clinic will have to levy a minimum fee which will help off set power and restocking costs.
The skilling will also be done at an affordable cost which will help restock training materials and pay facilitators as well.
The proposed project timeline is about 9 months from onset