Water projects involve the providing of piped water near a core of villages, digging a borehole or a well, and building water storage tanks. These water projects have greatly improved the quality of health and life for thousands of people, especially rural women who used to previously carry water drums on their head for several miles everyday.
Running water is taken for granted by some of us, but for most kenyans, especially in the rural areas, this is a rare commodity.
This grant will provide 7 new wells to comunities that do not have any at this time. Total estimated cost is $22,630. See details in the table below (in Kenya Shillings).
Notes to Estimated Expenditure:
1. Generally; Some items of expenditure are based and vary in proportion to the anticipated depth of the well.
2. Other expenditure are fixed and the same for all the projects
3. Transport vary from one location to another
4. Contingency is estimated at 20% of the total expenditure. The item is intended to cover disbursement for site inspection, transport and work supervision by qualified personnel. In the final analysis the provision will be used to test suitability of water discovered.
5. One US Dollar is about 78/= Kenya Shillings.